Click the image to see pages inside the book.
Master color for personal expression and visual impact; use color with confidence.
Bestselling author Nita Leland shows you how in her all new book on color. Confident Color consists of 160 pages, with 88 activities to help you master color and take your artwork to a new level of expression. The diverse styles of art by 52 contemporary artists will inspire you to try new color ideas and color outside the lines.
5.0 out of 5 stars
- Step-by-step demos in watercolor, casein, acrylic and fibers show how 7 artists work with color in representational and abstract art.
- Hands-on activities and numerous color tips and charts reveal how to achieve harmony in artwork.
- Use color theory, principles of design and contrast and color schemes to create unique color combinations.
- Confident Color includes an all-color glossary, a bibliography and templates for making your own viewfinder, value checker, color checker, color wheel, and color reference cards.
- A two-page color chart lists the common names of 70 useful pigments, plus their ASTM color-index names and chemical composition.
By Midwest Book Review (Oregon, WI USA)
CONFIDENT COLOR: AN ARTIST'S GUIDE TO HARMONY, CONTRAST AND UNITY uses artwork from over 50 artists to illustrate personal approaches to color. From 85 example activities reinforcing ideas on colors and their combinations to how to break old patterns and experiment with new colors, CONFIDENT COLOR provides artists with a range of tips for gaining the best contrasts and most original color schemes, and will prove a fine art lesson package for any library catering to artists.
Browse the following book-launch events from fall, 2008.
$29.99 plus shipping and handling
spiral bound with spine to lay flat